Health & Safety
As one of the South East’s leading air conditioning installation specialists, Summit Cooling take the issue of Health and Safety very seriously. To ensure that the threat of accidents at your property is diminished, we operate a strict Health and Safety policy.
Our impressive and unbeatable safety record is testimony to this and our vast experience and full training programme, along with our strict Health and Safety policy, ensures that this record will remain exceptional for many years to come.
You can see our Health and Safety policy below:
Summit Cooling Ltd.
1.2 Health and Safety Policy
It is Summit Cooling Ltd. policy to ensure so far as reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare at work of all our staff, visitors and others who could be affected by our undertakings, in accordance with the statutory requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Etc Act 1974.
The ultimate responsibility for safety lies with Gary Holden who is responsible for establishing, implementing and monitoring the policy Issued in accordance with section 2 (iii) of the Health and Safety at Work Etc Act 1974.
1. Within the general policy stated in paragraph 1, it is Summit Cooling Ltd policy in particular to:
- Ensuring that there are arrangements for the effective planning, development and review of this health and safety policy, which will be undertaken annually or sooner as dictated by organizational, procedural or legislative change.
- Provide and maintain plant and systems of work that are safe and without risks to health.
- Make arrangements for ensuring safety and absence of risks to health in connection with the use, handling, storage and transport of articles and substances.
- Provide such information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary to ensure the health and safety at work of all employees and visitors on the company’s premises, or engaged in work elsewhere.
- Maintain any place of work under its control in a condition that is safe and without risk to health and to provide means of access to and egress from it that are safe and without such risks.
- Provide and maintain a working environment for all its employees and visitors that is safe, without risks to health, and to provide and maintain adequate facilities and arrangements for their welfare at work.
- Co-operate in safety matters with other employers working on company premises.
- Require the use of such protective clothing and equipment as is necessary to ensure the health and safety at work of its employees and not charge for any item of PPE used.
- Encourage all staff to set a high standard of safety by personal example.
- Encourage open cooperation on all safety issues, and when present, recognise union appointed safety representatives, and consult with them on health and safety matters.
- Ensure the necessary resources including finance, equipment, personnel and time to ensure the health and safety of all employees and others who may be affected.